Traditional Karate North Central Region Newsletter
1) AAKF annual membership renewal – March 1, 2019 deadline
Your individual AAKF membership expires on March 1, 2019. If you renew your current membership before that date, the cost is only $25. After that, AAKF membership renewal is $35. Click here to read about the benefits of being an AAKF member.
See your club’s sensei regarding who to make the check out to. Fill out the registration form, click here for the AAKF individual registration form. Drop off your payment/form to your club’s sensei who will then mail to the AAKF organization.
2) 2019 NCR plans – See below for the 2019 NCR upcoming calendar of events.
3) Winter Shiai – January 19, 2019 noon – Mpls dojo, click here for more information
NCR’s first 2019 event will be the Winter NCR shiai. The shiai will be held Saturday noon Jan 19 at the Mpls dojo. Use the shiai to sharpen your kata and kumite skills for your next dan or kyu test examination, or come to have fun meeting and competing with your fellow karatekas.
4) Happy holidays
Happy holidays and Happy New Year to you and your family. Keep on training and best wishes on your next kyu or dan examination in the coming year.
5) Future dan examination dates
The following are tentative dan examination dates/location. Check with your club’s sensei as dates/times may change at the last minute.
- 2019 April 27 Mpls dojo; part of the 2019 AAKF spring seminar; all dan ranks; conducted by AAKF technical committee
- 2019 July LA, Calif.; part of the 2019 AAKF Nationals seminar camp; all dan ranks; conducted by AAKF technical committee
Students testing must read the following documents for specific dan test requirements and eligibility:
- Shodan-Sandan – NCR Testing guidelines handbook – click here for more information
- AAKF Technical Qualification Guide – Rank Promotion – requirements for all dan ranks – click here for more information
2019 NCR Upcoming Calendar of Events
Go to the NCR website News and Events for more details as they become available
- 2019 Winter shiai – Jan 19, 2019 noon Mpls dojo
- 2019 NCR seminar – March 16, Mpls dojo
- 2019 AAKF Spring seminar – April 26-28 (tentative) – Mpls dojo. Dan examination (all ranks), examiner examination, etc. will be conducted Saturday afternoon by the AAKF technical committee.
- 2019 Regional Eliminations – May 3, 2019
- 2019 St. Paul kids tournament – May 4, 2019
- 2019 AAKF Nationals – July 16-20 – LA, California, includes dan exams. Hilton DoubleTree LA-Rosemead, CA
- 2019 Fall seminar – Sept 21, Mpls dojo
- 2019 Pan-Am tournament – Fall 2019, Mexico City (tentative)
- FYI – 2020 WTKF World Championships – Fall 2020, Australia (tentative)
To subscribe to the NCR newsletter, go to the bottom of the NCR website and click “Subscribe to our newsletter“.
For past Traditional Karate North Central Region newsletters, click here.
Art Wong – Traditional Karate North Central Region Director