Traditional Karate North Central Region Newsletter
1) NCR Oct 6, 2018 Fall shiai – Results
- The annual NCR fall shiai was recently held at the Mpls dojo. The athletes had a good time testing their skills, having fun and getting feedback from the judges.
- Click here for the Mpls Facebook photo link from the shiai
- Click here for additional photos posted on the NCR Facebook site.
Thank you to Gina Frances and Bob Young for taking and posting the photos.
2) 2018 WTKF Championships – St. John’s Newfoundland Canada – Oct 22-28
- We wish the Traditional Karate North Central Region athletes and judges safe travels and best wishes in representing USA at the 2018 World Championships in St. John’s, Newfoundland Canada. We will post the results and photos next month.
- Click here to see the USA team roster and events they are in.
WTKF detail event post: http://www.wtkfkarate.org/traditional-karate-do-renaissance-festival/
3) NCR kumite seminar and dan exam – Saturday noon Nov 17, 2018 – click here for flyer
- Instructors: Al Kotula and Michael Fusaro
- Subject: Best attack techniques, best defense techniques and setting up the attack.
- Benefits: Improve your kumite strategies for your next test, elevate your free sparring techniques, develop your kumite strategy for tournament fighting.
- Cost $20/individual; $40/family
- Seminar time Noon-2:00pm.
- Dan exam will start around 2:30pm. Only shodan, nidan, and sandan examinations will be given.
- Click here for online registration. (New)
4) NCR board meeting – Saturday 3:15pm Nov 17, 2018
- After the Nov 17 NCR kumite seminar and dan exam, we will hold the annual NCR board meeting to review this year’s results and plan for the 2019 budget and events. All NCR board members and club directors must attend.
5) Future dan examination dates
The following are tentative dan examination dates/location. Check with your club’s sensei as dates/times may change at the last minute.
- 2018 Nov 17 Mpls dojo; as part of the 2018 NCR Nov kumite seminar; Shodan-Sandan level dan examinations only; conducted by local NCR senseis
- 2019 March/April Mpls dojo; part of the 2019 AAKF spring seminar; all dan ranks; conducted by AAKF technical committee
- 2019 July LA, Calif.; part of the 2019 AAKF Nationals seminar camp; all dan ranks; conducted by AAKF technical committee
Students testing must read the following documents for specific dan test requirements and eligibility:
- Shodan-Sandan – NCR Testing guidelines handbook – click here for more information
- AAKF Technical Qualification Guide – Rank Promotion – requirements for all dan ranks – click here for more information
6) Mpls dojo fall seminar results and Sensei Fusaro celebration Sept 7-8, 2018 a great success!
- If you missed last month’s newsletter photos on the seminar and celebration, the following are the Facebook links to the photos.
- Click here to see photos from the seminar.
- Click here for photos of the celebration.
7) FYI – Madison annual fall tournament – Nov 10, 2018 – Madison, WI
- 36th Madison Traditional Karate Tournament
- The Madison Japanese Karate Club invites you to their annual Traditional Karate Tournament, which will take place on November 10th, 2018. Adult and youth participants of all ranks are welcome!
- Click here for more detail
2018 NCR Upcoming Calendar of Events
Go to the NCR website for more details as they become available.
- 2018 WTKF World Championship – Oct 22-28 – St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada. Click here for more information.
- 2018 NCR Nov kumite seminar – Nov 17 noon. Mpls dojo; Shodan-Sandan level dan exam. click here for more detail
2019 NCR tentative Calendar of Events
- 2019 AAKF Spring seminar – March/April – Mpls dojo including dan examination all ranks, examiner examination, etc. includes dan exam
- 2019 AAKF Nationals – July – LA, California, includes dan exams
For past Traditional Karate North Central Region newsletters, click here.
Art Wong – Traditional Karate North Central Region Director