Traditional Karate North Central Region Newsletter
Karate in the Community
Strength group, a Minneapolis non-profit organization, is concerned about personal safety for women in North Minneapolis. Gina Wood, a 2nd degree black belt instructor from Shotokan Karate MN in Minneapolis, MN, is working with Strength Group by providing free self-defense classes for women. Click here to see a short video [2:08] and article on the self-defense program.
Or visit WWW.WCCO.com for more details
Annual AAKF Membership Renewal – March 1, 2022
Your individual AAKF membership expires on March 1, 2022. If you renew your current membership before March 1, the cost is only $25. After March 1, your AAKF individual membership renewal is $35. For club renewal, the cost is $170.00. Check this out -> Benefits of an AAKF membership.
Click here and fill out the AAKF registration form. Write a check following the instructions from your club’s sensei. Deliver your payment/form to your club’s sensei – he/she will then mail the documents to the AAKF organization.
2022 January kata Seminar Highlights
NCR held a local kata seminar recently. The seminar provided one-on-one feedback to each student. The valuable feedback gave the students a roadmap to improve their kata for their next exam. Click here to see more photos.
Upcoming Calendar of Events and Registration
- NCR upcoming events
- Tournament – 2022 November 5 Saturday 11:30am – 5pm Hosted by Traditional Karate-do Academy UofMN. Location: Van Cleve Community Center Gym. More details to follow.
- AAKF/WTKF upcoming events
- AAKF 2022 National Championship Dallas, TX. June 21-25, 2022. See http://aakf-nationals-2022.com for more details on hotel, fees, venue, schedules, etc.
Dan Examination Schedule
- This year’s dan exam and certification test schedule
- 2022 July 23 NCR dan exam (shodan and nidan level only) noon Saturday at MKA St. Paul dojo. Please notify your Sensei if you are planning to test for shodan or nidan .
- 2022 AAKF National Championship in Dallas, TX June 21-25 – all dan levels
- Rank examiner and judging tests will be conducted at the AAKF National Championship.
- Dan examination testing requirements shodan-sandan – click here
- Dan rank registration required when you pass your dan exam – click here
Traditional Karate North Central Region Subscription
- Subscription: To subscribe to the NCR Newsletter send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name and email address with a subject line: “Request: NCR newsletter subscription” .
- Past Traditional Karate North Central Region newsletters
Art Wong – Traditional Karate North Central Region Director, Godan