Traditional Karate North Central Region Newsletter
Kata Shiai SKM Dojo – March 26, 2022
Start the spring season by joining us for our annual kata shiai at the Shotokan Karate MN dojo on March 26, 2022 from noon-2:00pm. Parents and friends come and support the athletes. Senior black belts come and help judge the athletes and provide feedback to the students. We will need help at the registration table and event table. For registration form click here. For SKM’s online registration click here.
The Science and Philosophy of Martial Arts
by Sensei Alex Tong
2022 AAKF National Tournament
Let’s get summer started with a big event. The 2022 American Amatuer Karate Federation (AAKF) National Tournament is scheduled for June 21-25, 2022 in Dallas, TX. The AAKF National brings the best karatekas in United States to compete in kata and kumite. The event is open to qualified NCR athletes — the best athletes from NCR eliminations and/or athletes selected by the North Central Regional director and senior council members. The event will include a 3 day seminar, dan test, rank examiner and judging test, plus a kyu level competition for kids and adults. More details will be posted by March 15, 2022. Click here http://aakf-nationals-2022.com.
Upcoming Calendar of Events and Registration
- NCR upcoming events
- Tournament – 2022 November 5 Saturday 11:30am – 5pm Hosted by Traditional Karate-do Academy UofMN. Location: Van Cleve Community Center Gym. More details to follow.
- AAKF/WTKF upcoming events
- AAKF 2022 National Championship Dallas, TX. June 21-25, 2022. See http://aakf-nationals-2022.com for more details on hotel, fees, venue, schedules, etc.
Dan Examination Schedule
- This year’s dan exam and certification test schedule
- 2022 July 23 NCR dan exam (shodan and nidan level only) noon Saturday at MKA St. Paul dojo. Please notify your Sensei if you are planning to test for shodan or nidan .
- 2022 AAKF National Championship in Dallas, TX June 21-25 – all dan levels
- Rank examiner and judging tests will be conducted at the AAKF National Championship.
- Dan examination testing requirements shodan-sandan – click here
- Dan rank registration required when you pass your dan exam – click here
Traditional Karate North Central Region Subscription
- Subscription: To subscribe to the NCR Newsletter send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name and email address with a subject line: “Request: NCR newsletter subscription” .
- Past Traditional Karate North Central Region newsletters
Art Wong – Traditional Karate North Central Region Director, Godan