Traditional Karate North Central Region Newsletter
Having Fun while testing ones skill – kata shiai results
Traditional Karate North Central Region (NCR) held a kata shiai at the Shotokan Karate MN (SKM) dojo on Saturday March 26, 2022. All the competitors had a great time at the kata shiai and received feedback from the judges on their performance. Trung Le brought a large group of students from the UofMN Traditional Karate-do Academy club. The SKM club and the Midwest Karate Association (MKA) club were both well represented. Also, the judges were able to sharpen their kata judging skill in preparation for the June 2022 AAKF Championships in Dallas, TX.
AAKF Spring Seminar reminder – April 22-24, 2022 Madison, WI
The annual 2022 AAKF Spring Seminar will be held in Madison, WI on April 22-24, 2022. This is your opportunity to expand your understanding of karate as you see and participate in the drills from the AAKF Technical committee senseis. The seminar will also include dan examinations and certification examinations. This is your chance to make new friends and get reacquainted with past karatekas. Click here to register online. Click here for seminar schedule, participation fees and registration, and waiver form.
Upcoming Calendar of Events and Registration
- NCR upcoming events
- Tournament – 2022 November 5 Saturday 11:30am – 5pm Hosted by Traditional Karate-do Academy UofMN. Location: Van Cleve Community Center Gym. More details to follow.
- AAKF/WTKF upcoming events
- AAKF 2022 National Championship Dallas, TX. June 21-25, 2022. See http://aakf-nationals-2022.com for more details on hotel, fees, venue, schedules, etc.
Dan Examination Schedule
- This year’s dan exam and certification test schedule
- 2022 July 23 NCR dan exam (shodan and nidan level only) noon Saturday at MKA St. Paul dojo. Please notify your Sensei if you are planning to test for shodan or nidan .
- 2022 AAKF National Championship in Dallas, TX June 21-25 – all dan levels
- Rank examiner and judging tests will be conducted at the AAKF National Championship.
- Dan examination testing requirements shodan-sandan – click here
- Dan rank registration required when you pass your dan exam – click here
Traditional Karate North Central Region Subscription
- Subscription: To subscribe to the NCR Newsletter send an email to: email@example.com
- Include your name and email address with a subject line: “Request: NCR newsletter subscription” .
- Past Traditional Karate North Central Region newsletters
Art Wong – Traditional Karate North Central Region Director, Godan