Traditional Karate North Central Region Newsletter
Having Fun while testing ones skill – kata shiai results
Traditional Karate North Central Region (NCR) held a kata shiai at the Shotokan Karate MN (SKM) dojo on Saturday March 26, 2022. All the competitors had a great time at the kata shiai and received feedback from the judges on their performance. Trung Le brought a large group of students from the UofMN Traditional Karate-do Academy club. The SKM club and the Midwest Karate Association (MKA) club were both well represented. Also, the judges were able to sharpen their kata judging skill in preparation for the June 2022 AAKF Championships in Dallas, TX.
AAKF Spring Seminar reminder – April 22-24, 2022 Madison, WI
The annual 2022 AAKF Spring Seminar will be held in Madison, WI on April 22-24, 2022. This is your opportunity to expand your understanding of karate as you see and participate in the drills from the AAKF Technical committee senseis. The seminar will also include dan examinations and certification examinations. This is your chance to make new friends and get reacquainted with past karatekas. Click here to register online. Click here for seminar schedule, participation fees and registration, and waiver form.
Upcoming Calendar of Events and Registration
- Upcoming events
- NCR 2024 plans
- 2024 January 27 – Kumite Seminar noon-2pm. SKM dojo
- 2024 March 23 – (tentative). NCR Shiai. Noon. SKM dojo. More details to follow
- 2024 May 18 noon-2pm Preparation for 2024 AAKF National Champioships – NCR judging seminar and competitor feedback. St. Paul dojo. More details to follow
- AAKF upcoming events:
- WTKF Events
- WTKF calendar – Click here for more upcoming WTKF events.
Dan Examination Schedule
- NCR and AAKF dan exam schedule
- Dan examination testing requirements shodan-sandan – click here
- Dan rank registration required when you pass your dan exam – click here
Traditional Karate North Central Region Subscription
Art Wong – Traditional Karate North Central Region Director, Godan