Traditional Karate North Central Region Newsletter
AAKF 2022 Spring Seminar – Highlights
AAKF held their 2022 spring seminar in Madison, WI. in April. The AAKF community members came together to train and get reacquainted with each other after a long COVID hiatus. In this year of rebuilding the karate community, many new students attended their first AAKF seminar taught by Sensei Tong and Sensei Kageyama. The Senseis introduced new ideas and worked on new training drills for the new karatekas while reinforcing key principles and strategies for the senior karatekas. Everyone had a good time during the seminar and an opportunity to relax and reflect during the the evenings. Click here for photos and click here for videos highlights from the 2022 spring AAKF seminar. Click here for additional photos posted by the Traditional Karate-do Academy at UMN club.
AAKF 59TH National Championship – June 21-25, 2022
The 2022 AAKF 59th National Championship is just around the corner – June 21-25, 2022 in Dallas, TX. The athletes, adult black belts, youth levels, and adult kyu levels, are excited about participating at the championships and representing our region. NCR will be sending numerous certified kata and kumite judges to assess the athletes’ performance during the championship. The AAKF championship event will also host an international camp and judging seminar, and hold dan rank tests and certification examinations. Best wishes to the NCR athletes participating at the championships. Click here for more details.
Upcoming Calendar of Events and Registration
- NCR upcoming events
- Tournament – 2022 November 5 Saturday 11:30am – 5pm Hosted by Traditional Karate-do Academy UofMN. Location: Van Cleve Community Center Gym. More details to follow.
- AAKF/WTKF upcoming events
- AAKF 2022 National Championship Dallas, TX. June 21-25, 2022. See http://aakf-nationals-2022.com for more details on hotel, fees, venue, schedules, etc.
Dan Examination Schedule
- This year’s dan exam and certification test schedule
- 2022 July 23 NCR dan exam (shodan and nidan level only) noon Saturday at MKA St. Paul dojo. Please notify your Sensei if you are planning to test for shodan or nidan .
- 2022 AAKF National Championship in Dallas, TX June 21-25 – all dan levels
- Rank examiner and judging tests will be conducted at the AAKF National Championship.
- Dan examination testing requirements shodan-sandan – click here
- Dan rank registration required when you pass your dan exam – click here
Traditional Karate North Central Region Subscription
- Subscription: To subscribe to the NCR Newsletter send an email to: email@example.com
- Include your name and email address with a subject line: “Request: NCR newsletter subscription” .
- Past Traditional Karate North Central Region newsletters
Art Wong – Traditional Karate North Central Region Director, Godan