Traditional Karate North Central Region Newsletter
Madison Tournament Highlights
On Saturday November 19, 2022, the Madison Japanese Karate Club held a karate tournament at West High School in Madison WI. With help from his club officers, chief instructor Sensei Vassil Peytchev, did a fantastic job in running the tournament. The tournament was well attended, (see photo below). The judges insured the proper tournament procedures and rules were followed to minimize injuries while maintaining a budo spirit (fightung techniques and intention) throughout the tournament. The students were enthusiastic and developed strong comradery throughout the tournament.
Congratulations to Jethro Harding from the SKM dojo in Mpls, MN for taking first place in both Men’s kata and Team kata. The North Central Region (NCR) provided six certified AAKF judges to help with the Madison tournament, see photo below. Congratulations to all the participants that medaled in their event. A special thank you to the hosting club, students, and judges for putting on a successful and well attended tournament.
Click here to see more photos and videos.
AAKF Annual Membership Renewal – March 1 Deadline
Individual AAKF membership expire March 1. If you renew your current membership before March 1, the cost is only $25. After March 1, your AAKF individual membership renewal is $35. For club renewal, the cost is $170.00. Check this out -> Benefits of an AAKF membership.
Click here to access the AAKF registration form. Write a check following the instructions from your club’s sensei. Deliver your payment and registration form to your club’s sensei – he/she will then mail the documents to the AAKF organization. For club registration form, click here.
Upcoming Calendar of Events and Registration
- Upcoming events
- NCR 2024 plans
- 2024 January 27 – Kumite Seminar noon-2pm. SKM dojo
- 2024 March 23 – (tentative). NCR Shiai. Noon. SKM dojo. More details to follow
- 2024 May 18 noon-2pm Preparation for 2024 AAKF National Champioships – NCR judging seminar and competitor feedback. St. Paul dojo. More details to follow
- AAKF upcoming events:
- WTKF Events
- WTKF calendar – Click here for more upcoming WTKF events.
Dan Examination Schedule
- NCR and AAKF dan exam schedule
- Dan examination testing requirements shodan-sandan – click here
- Dan rank registration required when you pass your dan exam – click here
Traditional Karate North Central Region Subscription
Art Wong – Traditional Karate North Central Region Director, Godan